Algorithmiq is on a mission to revolutionise life sciences by exploiting the potential of quantum computing to solve currently inaccessible problems.
We envision a world where new drugs can be discovered and invented quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively, leading to affordable and precise medical treatments.
The race to develop the first fault-tolerant quantum computer is already underway, but until we reach this goal, small quantum processors that can do some calculations faster than the best available supercomputers are being developed. We are committed to developing algorithms that push the limits of existing quantum hardware to solve important problems already today. For that, we combine our expertise in quantum information with the best available classical strategies, such as network medicine and AI.
We are developing a platform that sits on top of leading vendors. Our products are hardware agnostic, which means they can run on any quantum device, regardless of how it is built.
You role is crucial in helping us translate the algorithms from our R&D team into structured, efficient and scalable code that will help us to build from scratch a coherent library for drug development and discovery.
Upon completion of the next funding round there will be an opportunity for personal development and career growth to move into a leadership role and manage a newly formed team of software engineers.
‣ Design and help building the software stack for a cloud-based hybrid quantum and classical HPC chemistry simulation and drug design platform.
‣ Collaborate with a diverse research and development team to design and implement software for cutting-edge quantum computing experiments.
‣ Build expertise in the field of quantum computing through hands on experience, discussions with colleagues and reading relevant literature.
‣ Set up the development cycle of the platform: source control, DevOps, testing and documentation, deployment on cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure.
‣ Transform prototype code into well-structured, robust, efficient, scalable code.
‣ Find and address performance issues and optimize code.
‣ Ask great questions and help develop requirements when they are still unclear.
‣ MSc in a quantitative discipline (Computer science, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering etc.).
‣ 5+ years experience in software development.
‣ Fluency in Python.
‣ Experience with modern software engineering practices including version control, integration testing, and cloud deployment.
‣ Experience with high-performance and scientific computing.
‣ Comfortable operating in a growing dynamic, fast-paced environment, and capable of being self-directed; develop, prioritize, and execute without always having full specifications.
An advantage if you:
‣ Have experience in numerical optimization of python code (Numpy, cython, Numba).
‣ Have previous experience in quantum computing.
‣Proven experience in creating and releasing a large code project
‣ Have start-up experience.
‣ 5+ years working on scientific applications. A PhD in a quantitative discipline would count.
‣ Digitally literate - general IT knowledge of Microsoft environment, platforms and apps preferable.
‣ Team-oriented, detail-oriented, efficient and solution-oriented attitude.
‣ Superb analytical and problem solving skills.
‣ Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
‣ Flexibility and ability to work independently and in a team.
‣ Great English skills (written and spoken).
Our R&D team has a long history of doing cutting-edge research in various topics related to quantum information, quantum foundations, complex systems and other related topics. Our world-class research has resulted in several papers, which we are very proud to publish in top peer-reviewed journals.
You will join our cross-disciplinary team of quantum physicists, mathematicians, computer scientists, and computational chemists– all world experts in their fields. Our collaborative, close-knit team has a track record of delivering high-quality R&D across the full quantum stack. As a growing company, you will have the freedom to think independently and creatively, as well as contribute to Algorithmiq’s business development.
You can view our latest publications here.
‣ Attractive and competitive compensation.
‣ Hackathons & team building away-days once a quarter.
‣ Birthday day off.
‣ Lunch card.
‣ Mobile phone.
‣ New joiners’ onboarding program and continuous professional development.
‣ Challenging job in a pioneering tech industry and international environment.
‣ Flexible work schedule and remote work (home office).
‣ Brand new office space in Helsinki — We are based in a new, modern office in the Helsinki city center, developed to live healthy lives and to have a great opportunity for professional growth as well as challenging and rewarding work within a dynamic, international team.
We are an early stage startup with a friendly, close-knit and transparent working environment where trust underpins everything we do. We have big ambitions and exciting goals to achieve by the end of the year which have the potential to be game-changing for the industry. We naturally are a hard-working bunch, but we know more than anything that people are our greatest assets. We are proud of the culture we have fostered which is friendly and compassionate.
At Algorithmiq, we know that diverse teams are stronger teams. Our ambition is to build the best global team, representative and inclusive of the diverse talent and communities we belong to and collaborate with. We want to empower our team to do their best work.
We are particularly proud to be led by a female CEO in a field where female representation is still relatively low. We are still only a few months old but we recognise the importance of putting these policies in place from the start. Our aim is to build a culture that is fair, representative and where you can bring your authentic self to work. We welcome all backgrounds and commit to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates.
We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee team-building and social activities. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.
Candidates should send a cv and a brief description (~200 words) about why they would be a good fit for the company to careers[@]algorithmiq.fi.