Algorithmiq is on a mission to revolutionise life sciences by exploiting the potential of quantum computing to solve currently inaccessible problems.
We envision a world where new drugs can be discovered and invented quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively, leading to affordable and precise medical treatments.
The race to develop the first fault-tolerant quantum computer is already underway, but until we reach this goal, small quantum processors that can do some calculations faster than the best available supercomputers are being developed. We are committed to developing algorithms that push the limits of existing quantum hardware to solve important problems already today. For that, we combine our expertise in quantum information with the best available classical strategies, such as network medicine and AI.
We are developing a platform that sits on top of leading vendors. Our products are hardware agnostic, which means they can run on any quantum device, regardless of how it is built.
Algorithmiq’s IT Manager will create strategies for IT and implement those strategies to serve the company’s computing needs. We have a fast-growing, hybrid remote team with a variety of technology requirements. You will build a modern IT infrastructure with excellent security guardrails to ensure our teams operate efficiently.
As the first internal member of our IT team you will build, define and lead the daily functions to support our growing employee base. You will lead IT onboarding of all new employees including the set up of their hardware, software, and SaaS accounts. You will troubleshoot employee technology issues as they arise. You will build and maintain a knowledge base and ticketing system that can scale as we do.
‣ Support 20+ employees in their day-to-day IT related needs.
‣ Plan and grow an internal IT team to meet the company’s growth needs.
‣ Manage information technology and computer systems.
‣ Plan, organize, control, and evaluate IT and electronic data operations.
‣ Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures.
‣ Support the creation of an efficient and secure platform for hybrid quantum-classical high-performance computing experiments running on AWS and/or Azure cloud services.
‣ Work with our HR team to ensure a seamless onboarding and offboarding experience.
‣ Manage and monitor all software and hardware licenses with an emphasis on cost effectiveness.
‣ Help drive adoption of best practices to ensure IT security at all times.
‣ Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions rapidly.
‣ 3+ years supporting startups or small-medium businesses.
‣ Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and computer hardware / software systems.
‣ Experience supporting Mac OS, PC and mobile devices and deploying software both on prem and on the cloud.
‣ Experience building an IT knowledge base in a startup environment and supporting a remote workforce.
‣ Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
‣ Experience with cloud systems such as AWS and Microsoft Azure.
‣ Experience with networks (routing, firewalls, VPN, VPC).
‣ Extensive troubleshooting experience in a Mac & PC environment with an emphasis on Microsoft, Slack, Zoom, ‣ ‣ Jira and other modern technology tools.
‣ Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
‣ Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, MIS or Computer Science or relevant work experience preferred.
‣ Digitally literate - general IT knowledge of Microsoft environment, platforms and apps preferable.
‣ Team-oriented, detail-oriented, efficient and solution-oriented attitude.
‣ Superb analytical and problem solving skills.
‣ Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
‣ Flexibility and ability to work independently and in a team.
‣ Great English skills (written and spoken).
Our R&D team has a long history of doing cutting-edge research in various topics related to quantum information, quantum foundations, complex systems and other related topics. Our world-class research has resulted in several papers, which we are very proud to publish in top peer-reviewed journals.
You will join our cross-disciplinary team of quantum physicists, mathematicians, computer scientists, and computational chemists– all world experts in their fields. Our collaborative, close-knit team has a track record of delivering high-quality R&D across the full quantum stack. As a growing company, you will have the freedom to think independently and creatively, as well as contribute to Algorithmiq’s business development.
You can view our latest publications here.
‣ Attractive and competitive compensation.
‣ Hackathons & team building away-days once a quarter.
‣ Birthday day off.
‣ Lunch card.
‣ Mobile phone.
‣ New joiners’ onboarding program and continuous professional development.
‣ Challenging job in a pioneering tech industry and international environment.
‣ Helsinki based, flexible work schedule with 2-3 days in the office / week.
‣ Brand new office space in Helsinki — We are based in a new, modern office in the Helsinki city center, developed to live healthy lives and to have a great opportunity for professional growth as well as challenging and rewarding work within a dynamic, international team.
We are an early stage startup with a friendly, close-knit and transparent working environment where trust underpins everything we do. We have big ambitions and exciting goals to achieve by the end of the year which have the potential to be game-changing for the industry. We naturally are a hard-working bunch, but we know more than anything that people are our greatest assets. We are proud of the culture we have fostered which is friendly and compassionate.
At Algorithmiq, we know that diverse teams are stronger teams. Our ambition is to build the best global team, representative and inclusive of the diverse talent and communities we belong to and collaborate with. We want to empower our team to do their best work.
We are particularly proud to be led by a female CEO in a field where female representation is still relatively low. We are still only a few months old but we recognise the importance of putting these policies in place from the start. Our aim is to build a culture that is fair, representative and where you can bring your authentic self to work. We welcome all backgrounds and commit to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates.
We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee team-building and social activities. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.
Candidates should send a cv and a brief description (~200 words) about why they would be a good fit for the company to careers[@]algorithmiq.fi.